Want to know how to coach successful soccer practices and win more games the easy way?
By Isak Ola M.Kværnø & Koach Karl
"I Train Alone, What Should I Do?"
I train a lot by my self and I like to get tips and training methods, so that I can develop as a football player.
You did not state your age - which could help me in giving you more advanced
training tips. So, I will give you some general tips:
First, you are not alone when you train to become a 'great' soccer player.
You have a ball and you must make that ball your friend. You can find a wall or a bench and you can use them as your partner. Let me explain:
You can make all your soccer dreams come true
Once you can make the ball do what you want it to!
This means that you must work on - Juggling - the ball.
That is, keeping the ball in the air using:
1) Your instep - the area where you tie your shoe laces
-Be sure to bounce the ball from right to left foot and vice versa.
-Avoid using only your strong foot - go from right to left instep.
-Keep score of your highest repetition and beat it on your future
2) Thigh - Your goal is to go as many times from right to left thigh as
3) Head - Your goal is to head the ball as many times as possible.
4) Combination of the above - Instep-Thigh and Head!
Sequence should be: Lift the ball with your feet, tap it with right and left laces; tap it from thigh to thigh and finish juggling with your head. You know your goal is to set a 'new' record with each attempt.
Using a ball or wall as your partner. When passing or shooting the ball
against the wall work on the following techniques:
1. Look - take your eyes off the ball while it is traveling to and from your partner.
2. Move - move toward every ricochet ball -- do not wait for it to come to
3. Bring the ball under your control -- use body parts that give you
problems in the game. Don't forget the 'magic hop.'
4. Keep the ball under control -- dribble the ball around objects; pretend
to beat imaginary opponents with body feints or foot fakes.
5. Release the ball under control -- practice your passing or shooting
Isak, you are to be congratulated for having the ambition to work out with
your friend the ball and your partners (wall or bench). You will find that
this extra work will have pay huge dividends in the future. Keep up this
'private' training and you will be a success in your soccer career!
Koach Karl Dewazien