Coaching Youth Soccer
Koach Karl Dewazien
United States Soccer Federation 'A' Licensed Coach
Want to know how to coach successful soccer practices and win more games the easy way?
By Pauline Phillips and her daughter Jeanne (13 years old)
"Teen Offers Guidelines For Parents"
We at FUNdamental soccer think you (our readers) can glean something from this thirteen year old.
I am a 13-year-old reader (of Dear Abby) who has decided to write my own set of 'guidelines' for moms and dads:
Dear Abby, written by Pauline Phillips and her daughter Jeanne.
- Don't expect your kids to like the same things you do.
- Tell your kids you love them every day.
- When your kids do something wrong, don't keep reminding them. Chances are they feel bad enough already.
- Remember, you weren't perfect when you were growing up. Don't expect your kids to be.
- If you have more than one kid, don't compare them. They are completely different people.
- Be patient with your kids. They're just learning.
- If something goes wrong, don't blame it on them. It isn't always their fault.
- Surprise your kids sometimes- even if it's something little.
- Accept that your kids are getting older. They can't always be 5 years old.
- Don't fight in front of your kids. (That should be a no-brainer.)
- Don't assume that you know what your kids are thinking.
Write to them at:
P.O. Box 69440
Los Angeles, CA 90069